Deadline: December 15th, 2014
Dates of workshops: Saturday 22 August-Sunday 23 August 2015
The ICDAR 2015 conference is the main event in the field of Document Analysis and Recognition. ICDAR is organized by TC10 and TC11 technical committees of the IAPR.
Post-conference workshops offer a unique opportunity for in-depth discussions of specific topics in Document Analysis and Recognition. The workshops should be moderated by scientists or professionals who have significant expertise and /or whose recent work has had a significant impact within their field.
The format of each workshop will be up to the moderator, and can include interactive presentations as well as panel discussions among participants. These interactions should highlight exciting new developments and current research trends to facilitate a discussion of ideas that will drive the field forward in the coming years. Workshop organizers can prepare various materials including handouts or electronic resources that can be made available for distribution before or after the meeting.
Researchers interested in organizing workshops are invited to send a proposal to the workshops chairs, including:
- Duration (1 or 2 days)
- Scope and Motivation
- Relevance for ICDAR
- Potential program committee
- Short Bio of Organizers
- Estimated costs and the proposed registration fee.
- Workshops are financially independent from the main conference. Workshop organizers bear full responsibility for budget. ICDAR 2015 organizers will help with the process of booking local arrangements and registration facilities.
- The workshop’s organizer should pay the following expenses: coffee break ($15 / person), Buffet lunch in the hotel ($35 / person). Booking should be done one month before the workshop date.
- The conference will offer a free room for the workshop, equipped with audio/visual equipment.
- Seiichi UCHIDA (Kyushu University, Japan), E-mail: email@example.com
- Laurence LIKFORMAN (Institut Mines-Telecom/Telecom ParisTech, France), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org